My Weekend in an instant..

Monday, July 4, 2011

Ah, a three day weekend! Don't you just love it when you get that one extra day? I love it when I get to leave work like one extra hour, so these are super awesome! You know how everyone always says "Oh four day weekends, even with the extra day, they fly by so fast. Sigh"? Well,actually, and thankfully, it did not feel that way at all. Maybe that is because I was actually productive this week. And maybe I was not even that productive, but even a five percent increase in productivity is pretty huge, considering I am usually around 0% productive. Anyhow, I will stop bragging... on with the weekend!

Friday I came home and was smothered with love from my babes. That black spot next to Sal is Murphy.
Photobucket
Tim and I decided to go on a dinner date. I wore an old black v-neck, and too big for me jeans to work and I decided that would also suffice for dinner if I throw on a cardigan and red lipstick. I know, trendsetter. Tim, believe it or not, typically takes longer to get ready than I do. So I indulged in my face while I waited.
Photobucket
I know that picture of Tim with his pants undone is a little bit too much. Control yourselves.

We decided on Chinese and headed to one of our old faves.
I totally want to have his babies. Eventually I will.
Photobucket
You know after this dinner we decided to take this place off our list of faves. The food has lost something since our last visit and the staff is really rude. So I am not even going to tell you the name of it. I don't want to tempt you.
Photobucket

Saturday, I woke up and discovered Murphy had chewed up one of my bras. I know it was Murphy because Sal prefers socks. I then proceeded to manually delete hundreds of pictures off my camera because I could not figure out how to delete all of them at once. Which of course, I then discovered how to do after all the pictures were deleted. Might not seem like a big deal, but I got a finger cramp.
Photobucket

Tim had to help paint his office and I stayed home and cleaned. No guys this is not a typo. I actually cleaned my room and my closet. It was a mess and it took me all day.
Before:
Photobucket
(I like how there is a random instax of my sisters-in-law in the drawer haha)

After:
Photobucket

We decided to eat in which means I did not leave the house once Saturday. Score! Someone asked me today "Gee wasn't it hot on Saturday?", to which I said "I don't know I did not leave the house once that day" So take that Arizona! Tim went to bed early so I painted my nails, ate Mexican candy and watched Fringe. Seriously, come on, isn't Pacey still so cute?
Photobucket
Sunday, Tim wanted to go shopping. Umm Hells yes Husband! We both were very satisfied. We both scored some good finds at H&M, I bought new bras (see above) and Tim went to Best Buy, which makes him very happy.We were so unsatisfied with our bad Chinese on Friday, we decided to give it another go somewhere new. We like to right our wrongs people. Okay so, Kwans Sampan in Mesa is Legit!The place was decorated really neat and super affordable.
Photobucket
They even had this awesome Polynesian themed alcoholic beverage selection. We got the "Scorpion Bowl" and I actually had more than two sips. I was bright red after, but whatevs. How can you pass up drinking out of a flaming bowl with a long straw?
Photobucket
We had dinner pretty early so we headed back to Chandler for dessert. We had been wanting to try Paletas Betty for awhile, and after reading Angela's post, decided it was a must. I got the Nuez, roasted pecans in a creamy, nutty blend and Tim got the Mora, blackberry and lavender. Delish. Refreshing. Cute!
Photobucket
Monday, today, The Fourth of July! I woke up with lots of baking plans, and sadly nothing seemed to work out. Everything sorta fell apart so I just ended up making white chocolate dipped strawberries, dipped in blue sugar. Yummy, but I sorta wish I had not spent all that time with the oven on for a no bake treat. Owell.
Photobucket
We headed to my cousins Johnny's house for dinner and fireworks. Being from LA I grew up lighting our own fireworks every year in our front yard. I was 17 when I moved to Arizona and had plenty of street lighting firework days under my belt but my sisters were still pretty young so they do not really remember ever experiencing that. This year Arizona allowed the purchase of fireworks so they were pretty excited.
Photobucket
It was fun to see the kids oooing and ahhing over the lights but I think I got my fill after about 10 minutes. Oh to be an adult.
Photobucket

And now that brings me here. It will be Tuesday in about 10 minutes and I should have been in bed long ago. I know this post was kinda long but I felt like my last few weekend posts were sorta lame so this should make up for that. I will be back later with a few more pics from today. Happy Fourth y'all!

2 comments:

Emma Litton said...

I love your red lips! Also, your dog is too adorable.

xo,
Em

Kara said...

I wish I had more energy to leave you a long, detailed comment but can I just say that I love your weekend in an instant posts? So fun. Your life looks fun :)

Post a Comment

 

mrs.b.kim Designed by Liven Design