and they called her...

Thursday, January 7, 2010

We had been awaiting this little bundle of joy for quite sometime. With hopes of an early delivery crushed by the late discovery of an inaccurate due date, it felt like that baby was going to be more than well done!
She arrived on Monday December 28th, 2009 at 3:54 weighing in at 8 pounds 2ounces and 21 inches, with a foot size to match that height.
Thankfully the birth was hassle free and mommy and baby were happy and healthy.
Her name...after all the crazy things my brother had thought of...
Liela Renee.

It is hard to believe that my brother is now a father. My oversized, funny, extremely tickilish (primarly immature) older brother now has a daughter. There was no mistaking the immediate change that resulted in him the minute that little girl came into this world. When he walked into the waiting room and looked at me and said "she is here", I had never seen his green eyes shine so bright.

And now myself, an Aunt.

It is funny how you can feel such a connection to someone you just met. It makes me wonder how much more memorable the experience will be when I have a child of my own.

Babies are often referred to as Precious and after holding my niece for the first time I truly understand that. I have been around babies my whole life being the 2nd of five children, the youngest born 11 years after me but this time holding that newborn baby, I understood it differently.

It felt so special holding this baby knowing that she is so pure and so innocent and so good. that you have no reason to be mad at her or annoyed. that she can do no wrong at this delicate stage in her life. that God made her special and meshed together an adorable mix of her mom and dads features that are now all her own. Truly precious in everyway.

I am so grateful I was able to be apart of this experience and I am so excited to be apart of her future.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

mrs.b.kim Designed by Liven Design