The Dhaba...

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I am a pretty picky eater. Not only am I a picky eater, but I am the worst kind because I typically refuse to try something and just decide from the look and smell that I am not going to like it. Sometimes it drives my friends and family crazy and they make fun of me for always ordering the same thing. I am confident that if I was in the bathroom at the time the server took our order, I would come back to a club sandwich without having left any instruction.

Note: I am not fond of my finicky ways either. It makes it hard to eat at parties or special events where the food is pre-made. For example, I hate onions the most out of everything and for some reason people think onions just go great in any dish and say "oh yeah add the onions, everyone loves onions!" So friends and family, I apologize if you are annoyed from time to time, but if it is any consolation, I am not making things any easier on myself.

Anyways, lately I have been a bit more adventurous with my palate. I don't know if you are ready for this information, but I recently added...wait for it...green chilies and blue cheese to my diet. Bam! That is growth right before your eyes people!
Tim has been trying to hard to get my to try Indian Food and it just never seems to appeal to me. I don't know if this sounds weird, but the idea of putting something in my mouth and then it tasting nasty just really freaks me out...does that make sense? Do you think I am crazy? Great, I just lost my 3 readers.
Since it was Tim's birthday last week, and there was a great Groupon for a highly recommended Indian joint, I decided there was no better time than to give in to my husbands request and join him for some Indian grub. We brought a long a couple friends too and here was our night...

Photobucket

Photobucket
The man of the hour

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The verdict: I actually really loved it! There were definitely some dishes I favored over others, but I can honestly say I liked everything I tried that night! Who knew that I could be wrong about something that I never even tried before!! Tim is stoked because it means we can have more Indian food and I am just a bit proud of myself that in my 24th year of life, I am starting to look at food a little bit more reasonably now...but just a little. Keep those onions away from me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which ones did you like?

dsmdiggler said...

It was great, lets go back again soon!

aki! said...

YAY. A win for Indian food is a win for all humanity. But really, Indian food is great. Glad you like it.

Emmy Kim said...

OMH- Pat won't stop talking about that joint. Let's do it ...

Post a Comment

 

mrs.b.kim Designed by Liven Design